Saturday, February 15, 2020

Announcing a New Format and Theme for Health Train Express

I was reviewing statistics for the blog.  I began writing Health Train Express in 2005-2006. I wanted to review how many articles I published since then.  All told 2360 made it to the worldwide web.  I found  152 in my unpublished vault.  Thank you Ms. Blogger.  You are not the fanciest blogging tool nor the most popular. Each time I was unfaithful to you I would wander over to others, such as WordPress, and many others. They each have their own charm, some difficult to resist. However, I always returned to my first love.  She has been a 'keeper'.

Even fickle Google has been faithful to it's the affair, never downgrading her, despite many mergers, and acquisitions,  through it all...Google +, Google Hangouts, Alphabet, Google Health, Google Glass, Feedburner, and 50 other Google Fails. I am set in my ways, I like things simple....they don't break.  Blogger has never broken on me...no weird messages, except when I use a google extension named add-to-any. It gives me a 'whoops, there is something wrong with the URL". Apparently, there is a limit on the number of characters it can forward.  No matter, I did a workaround (or I guess a hack as my grandchildren tell me). I use a tiny URL that works just fine.

So don't get me wrong I am not a Luddite and have always been a certifiable nerd, going all the way back to 8th grade.

Three years ago I caved in and bought a smartphone, An android Galaxy S8+, followed in six months with a Galaxy S8 Note.  My brother had one, and I thought the pen was cool. It was an impulse buy, I bought it because my fingers twitch and my left hand has a tremor.  It does make dialing my phone easier.  Google Assistant has taken over most of my tasks. "Call......Test.....Open......(almost whatever you want).  I have programmed my phone to ask Alexa different questions....they talk all-day.

This post has gone way off target....I think dementia may play a part.

So enjoy the new format.  It is easy to skip around to any post since 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment